Monday, September 26, 2011

Z "Scout Camp"

So, unfortunately I was a little too busy at this family reunion to takes pics. I do want to document it though. Around the end of August, my Dad, since he works for the Boy Scouts of America, was able to reserve half of a scout camp for us to have our annual reunion. It was a blast! There were little cabins with bunk beds in it for each family, a gated pool, a trailer to prepare food, a commissary, a horseshoe court, a rope swing, showers, and flushing toilets! My kind of place to camp! There were a lot of my siblings missing a spouse at one point or another but that doesn't mean we didn't have a blast! The kids especially enjoyed the pool! Mom got little flotation devices and they were eating it up!

We had a little scare with Lydia falling off the bottom bunk. She wasn't responding for a few minutes and looked very sleepy. It was super scary! My Dad was amazing and knew what to do. After she started to cry enough to get some oxygen to her brain, my brother-in-law checked her pupils and then the men in my fam gave her a blessing. It was so comforting to know Lydia would be just fine and it was pretty incredible that all the cousins were dead silent during the blessing! The priesthood is such a comfort! I sure missed Benj at that point, but I'm so grateful for my family! My parents especially were so amazing during Benj's absence and I feel so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment