Thursday, September 22, 2011

Russell Campout

I failed to post these in order but at the end of July, we went to the Russell Family Reunion at Twin Peakes. It was my first venture without Benj so I wasn't as prepared as I wanted to be but we still had a good time. We got there Friday afternoon and hung out by playing games and enjoying the fresh air.




Our site even had this amazing amphitheater just for us!


I had to take a picture of my successful attempt to get the tent up all by myself! (I fully appreciate all Benj does when we go camping now :)



Grandma Russell is always prepared with fun games to play!



And this was Lydia's home for the duration of camping!



Grandma reading The Friend to the kids. They were enthralled!



You can always count on silliness with the Russells!




Aaand more silliness



Miles and Gabby sure liked loading rocks into that bucket


The rest of the night, we roasted hot dogs and marshmellows and chatted. The kids were tuckered out and slept so well for me! We certainly missed Benj and by the next morning, I was all camped out! We took off after cleaning up breakfast, which was good because if I had lingered to go fishing and have lunch, I probably would have missed my first phone call from Benj!


No comments:

Post a Comment